Changing the shapes of objects
We stretch, squeeze or twist to change the shapes of an object.
Stretching is a pull.
Squeezing ia a push.
Twisting is a combination of a push and pull.
CHANGING THE SPEED AND DIRECTION OF MOVING OBJECT
- A moving object moves faster when it is pushed from behind.
- A moving object slows down when it is pulled from behind.
- A moving object changes direction when it is pushed or pulled from any of the sides.
A fair test should be done to get a correct result.
Let's do this!
- Put car A, car B and car C at the starting line.
- Push the three cars together with a long ruler. This is to ensure that the cars are pushed equally hard.
- Record the distances travelled by the cars.